Tuesday, February 19, 2008

First Blog...whoo hoo!

The cross is a major symbol in our Christian faith. We believe that the starting point for Christians is the cross and that Jesus died for us as sinners on the cross. It is stated this “the path of every believer meets and proceeds from the cross. There the price for our sins was completely, wonderfully paid. For each of us, faith's journey begins at the foot of that rugged, ancient symbol of redemption.” The guidelines we follow of that faith are given in the bible, what God has done and his will are adequately stated in scripture. Nonetheless this faith is more that just knowing what the Bible says and living out the Christian lifestyle. This faith we live by is also an experience. An experience of God working in our lives of to forgive and redeem us, beginning with confessing our sin and accept Jesus Christ as our savior. I enter college having all the faith, that my Christian walk will become stronger. My faith journey at 12 had just begun but here and it is on the run way gaining speed and about to take off.

They're telling me they're concerned for the way I am living
That I'll miss it all why would I think that God is that trusting
I can't explain all the words He has spoken to my heart
Why'd I want him more
I don't regret choosing you
And I'm not ashamed
That it's You who holds my heart
You have shown my ever wondering heart what love is
What on earth is more important than to have all of you

1 comment:

Dr. Bob said...

You are doing fine with your Blog, I just read it, Keep up the good work. God Bless you
Pastor Fry